Thursday, December 4, 2008

i now have a space heater in my room. it has evidently changed the whole dynamics ofwinter. before i was just cold all the time in my home because the heating system lacks efficiency. now i just flip this switch and things go crazy. i mean my room gets really warm.

right now i am a little obsessed with turtles. my last series of paintings were all about turtles (i dont think i really told anybody that). but now the new paintings are not about turtles as much so i think i have them swimming around in my thoughts more. there have been two instances now where a few friends and i have laid down on our backs, closed our eyes and had what is now coined "turtle time". yeah i know it sounds a little silly but thats kind of the point. it has been mostly about narrating an adventure through the perspectives as turtles while i direct complex and slightly humorous scenarios. i help instigate a turtlelike venue which gives each person an opportunity to express themselves spontaneously through the mind and the eyes of a turtle.

my friend Ali has been making hundreds of wax flowers for an installation with our multimedia class. today she randomly had one made from wood and i asked her why it was made of wood and not wax so she gave it to me. the same day my roommates cousin gave me by chance a man purse which his exgirlfriend made when she was a child and then gave to him. i now have the wooden flower in the man purse and hope to save them for a rainy day.

the sun is outside today. the buildings look like giant lego sets. i recall the feeling of pulling legos apart with my teeth when i was very little.while thinking that i probably shouldn’t be using my teeth for such practical matters (my grandma was always good at letting this be known) and at the same time knowing that i have no other choice.

No comments: