Thursday, October 4, 2007

busy hummingbird / busy bee


Today the colors washed all around me, the farm sifted the rain far bellow and everything became very busy. It has reminded me of the last time i was on lake Michigan and so many monarchs. it was during my last hour of work and my tummy was full of beans and millet.
The chickens and roosters keep following me around, i keep telling myself that i should try and pet them but half of me thinks that they will just run away and the other half thinks they will gang up on me.
Often i have found myself thinking of places warm because the rain and cold nights make my throat all scratchy in the morning, but today i took my shirt from off my back, rolled up my pant sleeves and for the first time in two weeks really felt at home again. The rainy fall has come so quickly that Portland became a place much to fast to keep up with. So now i live in a cabin with candles and a wood-burning stove. Now i sort through hazelnuts and pick ripe vegetables. Now i am not afraid of spiders.
My hosts have grown less apprehensive of my fairly new presence and feed me so very well. I think that we will be good friends very soon. they did my laundry for me.
At night i listen to Louis Armstrong on my tiny battery powered record player and draw leaves falling just the same that pears would.
Before the sun hid behind the tree line and confirm the day to be passed a humming bird mumbled around my head like a stop motion film. I thought i was somebody else for a short moment. It was beautiful.

No comments: